Friday, December 3, 2010

Crafting Up a Storm

Well ... sorta. I keep getting these bright ideas about what I want to give my friends for Christmas - as little add-ons, but I forget how long it sometimes takes me to complete a project. I'm too much of a perfectionist so by the time I have completed the craft, my allotted time frame has been exceeded. And, for some reason, my crafts don't always look the way I imagined them. I have such grandiose expectations of my abilities that I disappoint myself time and time again. I've been trying to let that need to succeed roll off my shoulders a bit. Don't get me wrong, I want to be successful, but I don't want to miss out on the enjoyment and fulfillment that crafting affords me.

I put together a cute little gift card holder last night. I, of course, found it on Dawn's Stamping Studio's website. Love her ideas ... she has sooooo many! I'm glad she shares her inspiration.



I was also intrigued by a bookmark fastscrap at ACOT's last on-line scrap weekend. Tracey, one of the scrappy chicks, made this adorable corner book mark. Since I didn't have the Martha Stewart punch she referenced, I started playing with the punches I did have in my possession. And, being the procrastinator I have become, I started searching for corner book mark ideas on several of my favorite scrap and card sites. I found this tutorial by Beate Johns. Both ladies gave me great inspiration. This is what I created with their help:

1 comment:

  1. I have found that if I want to make gifts...I have to start in January...and I never do:(

    I love your cute gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete