Monday, December 5, 2011

Tim's Christmas Tags ... Tag 3

Tim Holtz always has a couple renditions of the tags he shares with us every day. I attempted two of his techniques for Tag #3. I would not have attempted the custom pad using distress re-inkers method had I not come upon Cyndi's linked up tag on Tim's blog. She has a great alternative that I incorporated in to my plans for the ivy tag. She also had a link to making the brad bows for your tags/cards. Go check her out ... just click on "Cyndi's".

When I went back to take a peak at Tim's explanation on the re-inking custom pad, I found that I actually didn't follow the directions! I used alcohol inks not re-inkers! No wonder I wasn't getting the results I wanted. Duh! I also made another lil' booboo ... I was using Versamark ink rather than embossing ink when I stamped "Peace, Love, Joy" on the one tag. Let me clarify ... a couple of booboo's! I should have used the embossing ink when I ran the other tag through the Big Shot when I was embossing. Live and learn!





3 comments:

  1. I can tell you that Tim makes mistakes too...he found out alcohol ink ruins watercolor pens...he'll tell you lots of stories about his boo-boos if you ever get the chance to visit with him. Sometimes they turn out to be happy mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love these!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the holly!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete