Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gone, Gone, Gone, Gone, Gone

As I was driving home from my early morning workout, the John Mayer song "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" came over my satellite radio. " When you're dreaming with a broken heart/The waking up is the hardest part/You roll outta bed and down on your knees/And for the moment you can hardly breathe/Wondering was he really here?/Is he standing in my room?/No he's not, 'cause he's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone...." (I took the liberty of changing the she's to he's) The words from this song really hit home. It's been ages since I had a broken heart so I really didn't get that I had a broken heart until this song came on. So, trying to buck up and take a stand against this depressing song and my sadness, I changed the station. By doing so, I managed to find the Katy Perry song "Hot n Cold"! Another roller coaster relationship song. It must have been my lucky day, because every channel I switched to was playing some type of break up, mushy, oozing with sadness song! Why can't I escape this situation with dignity and grace? I have to have John Mayer singing to me about falling on his knees and not being able to breathe! With tears in my eyes, I navigated my car toward home. Love is a funny thing. My twelve year old son complains that every song on the radio is about relationships. He's right, of course. And, so is life. My melancholy will evaporate soon enough, and my world will spin on it's merry way. I think I will compose a song for John, and he can sing my very own lovesick song to me as well as all the other folks with broken hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment