Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking for 2009

It's hard to believe it's New Year's Eve. I say that every year! I wonder where 2008 went. It went so fast! It is true ... the older you get the faster it goes. I want to reflect on this past year in some ways and in other ways, I say good riddance!

2008 was wonderful because I was blessed to be able to watch my two handsome boys grow up. They continue to amaze me on a daily basis. I love and adore them with all my heart.

2008 was awful because I had a falling out with two friends! A good friend of mine said to me once that your really good, bestest, bff's you can only count on one hand. When she first said that to me, I thought she was incorrect. However, if this year was an indication, I have to agree with her. Sadly, I won't be friends with either of these women again. I am flexible in giving my friends third, fourth, fifth, even bazillionth chances - none of us is perfect. However, even with my high tolerance, both chose not to maintain the friendship. Given that, I am thankful for the five women that have stayed in my inner circle. They are tried and true, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I welcome 2009 with open arms. Cannot wait to see what the New Year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment