Friday, January 16, 2009

Downsized

We've had quite the winter blast this past week. All I can say is Brrrrr! The older I get, the more I despise the cold, the snow, the people that are driving in the snow that don't know how to drive in the snow, and lastly, the fact that the school district has me at their mercy. At times, I will awake in the morning to several inches of snow. I will scramble to the TV to see if my kids will be spending the day with me. But, alas, I hear the high school bus careening down the street. Hmmmm. Then, there are mornings like this morning where we haven't had much snow, but school is actually cancelled. I abhor the inconsistencies. Did our superintendent have a bad night? Why, oh, why would she do this to me? It used to be worse when the kids were younger. I would have to provide a fun filled day for them as well as 22 of their very, bestest friends! Organize snowball fights, create hills out of snow for tubing, lots, and lots of hot chocolate - with many marshmallows, of course, and then lunch! Yikes! That was alot to ask of me ... I think. Now, both are old enough to manage without me. I can tell you that I don't miss the 22 extra kids running through my house with snow covered boots! The wii and reruns of "That 70's Show" have replaced me. Funny how I used to be the center, the very nucleus, of their universe and now, guitar hero - with songs from my day, mind you - has given me the boot. Now that I think about it, I think I've been downsized ... laid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment