Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Magnetic Aura

I have heard about this type of thing before. Friends of friends of friends have watches that mysteriously stop working after the first few days of wear. I was always quite skeptical of this myth. That was until I started experiencing this phenomenon myself. Several years ago, I drove a Volvo XC90 SUV. It was a great crossover. I loved how it handled as well as how I looked while speeding through the "village" where I reside. Several months after tooling around, I noticed my radio was in and out. I would be riding along, sun roof open wide, all the windows down, wind whipping my hair, singing at the top of my lungs when the radio would just shut off. Not a good thing when your singing voice is slightly (?) off-key. I immediately went to the Volvo service center and whined my way in to an appointment. How could I possibly go even one hour without hearing my tunes? Volvo claimed they did everything they could to fix my radio. Blah, blah, blah! I didn't care ... my radio was working again! My delight was short lived. Half way home, I was singing a capella again, much to the chagrin of my neighboring drivers. For the entire time of my lease, that radio just didn't function properly. Last year, I leased the new GMC Acadia. Wow! I loved this car even more than the Volvo! Probably because it was new! I am kind of shallow in that respect. The "radio" in this car was much different than the Volvo. I had graduated to a Bose stereo with XM satellite radio. Amazingly wonderful! Not even two months in to the lease, the "radio" would not turn on in the car. I had to restart the car to get the radio to turn on. No one at the GMC service center can figure out what the problem was/is. They look at me as if I am making this up. Of course! What else do I have to do all day but spend my bon bon eating, martini guzzling time in the oh-so comfy waiting room at the GMC sales center? I have accepted the fact that I have some sort of magnetic incompatibility with my vehicles. However, I was completely unprepared for what happened to me just days ago. I decided to purchase a new nano-chromatic iPod PINK! I was so excited to download all sorts of cool tunes on my NEW iPod. After completing this joyful task, I plugged my ear buds in only to hear static! How could this be? I tried the ear buds on my sons' iPods, and they worked splendidly. Their earphones did not work so splendidly on my NEW iPod. Ugh! I am in the process of returning and exchanging the NEW iPod. This episode has convinced me that I do have a special body magnetism that will inconsistently haunt me for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment