Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Musings

What about Tom - I ran in to Tom again on Sunday. As soon as I saw him, I giggled. He gave me his now patented sideways glance. This time I wasn't going to let him ignore me. I commented that we needed to stop meeting like this. His response was that he didn't even know me. What?! He's a sly one, Mr. Tom. I, again, reminded him of when and where we met. Then, Tom resuscitated himself, and listed off all the places we had seen each other in the last several weeks. Surprise! He even mentioned the dentist's office where he spoke to my dad at length. There was eye contact for a mere moment, however, I cannot be sure. I may have blinked my eyes and thought I saw his eyes. I promised that I wasn't stalking him. Did I hear a noise? A laugh, perhaps? Tom said that he would only worry about that if he sees me on the slopes in Connecticut in two weeks. Yep, ya never know.

The Snooze Button - Just who invented this nasty device? Every night as I'm setting my alarm, I plead with myself not to touch the snooze button in the morning. I must not be a very good listener, or have a problem understanding myself, because sure enough, I'm slapping that snooze button silly every blasted morning. At times, I try to trick myself - hard to do when it's yourself! - and set the alarm 10 minutes earlier knowing that I'm going to open a can of whoop ass on that darn snooze button the following morning. Hasn't worked yet. I have even resorted to placing my alarm clock in a not-so-strategic location in my bedroom so that I cannot reach over and wail on that button. I am actually forced to throw off the bed covers, get my lazy rear out of bed, and begrudgingly shuffle over to where I placed that offensive clock. That lasted one time. I'm heading to Target today with my youngest son, and I am going to cruise through the alarm clock aisle looking for an alarm clock without a snooze button. It'll be hard, because I'm sure my unsuspecting hand will want to pound each and every one of those offensive buttons!

Email - How is it possible for email to suck up so much of my time? Usually, I have just one email I need to check on or I am waiting for an email. I think to myself that I have 10 minutes to perform this task. Two hours later, I am still sitting at the computer reading. watching, or forwarding email attachments that I receive from my friends. Wait a gosh darn minute! I'm suppose to be doing something ... now, what was it?! Email is a time sucker! One email begets another email. It's neverending. Sometimes, as I am trying to diligently work on a project, I'll get an IM. I have to respond. There goes another 15-30 minutes!Maybe, I should follow the FlyLady's advice (that was a New Year's resolution) and plant a timer next to me. This way, I can set the timer for 10 or 15 minutes, and stop emailing when the timer goes off. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment